Your Thoughts and Needs
This is the perfect opportunity to bring all of your thoughts and expectations to the table. We’ll answer your questions and make sure to give you as much detail as you need to determine your next action. Everyone has a different requirement and differing circumstances that’s why we look toward customising our business to directly benefit you and your wishes.
Our team knows-it’s all about you!
At our initial meeting, we’ll fully explain our services and our fees. If our services meet your needs, we will then arrange to prepare a detailed written report setting out our recommendations, based on your specific requirements.
In most circumstances it’s a good idea to seek advice prior to taking any action (such as termination of employment, maturing investment etc) as this can impact upon your Income Tax position or Centrelink entitlements.
Below is a list of the first appointment agenda and the various issues that would be discussed at an initial meeting with an adviser. Point 6 lists the information that you would be required to bring to the first meeting.
- Explanation of Information Provided prior to meeting (Your understanding of the Financial Services Guide).
- Overview of Financial Planning
- Introduction to Poynter Hargraves Financial Consultants Pty Ltd
- The process of creating a Financial Plan
- Our Services & Fees
- Your current Financial Position
The Corporations Law requires that an adviser making financial recommendations, must have reasonable grounds for making those recommendations. This means that an adviser must conduct an appropriate investigation into the financial objectives, situation and particular needs of a client.
Accordingly, the following information should be brought along to an appointment, if relevant and available:
- Latest Income Tax Return (Full Return) & Assessment Notice
- Particulars of any Loans or Debts - (such as Amount, Interest Rate, Repayments)
- Certificates or Statements for any Shares, Bonds, Debentures & Trusts
- Details of any Investment Property - (such as most recent Council Rates Assessment Notice)
- Current details of your Bank, Building Society & Credit Union accounts
- Insurance Policies & Statements
- Superannuation Statements & Membership Booklet
- Centrelink information - (such as your recent Pension letters)
- Information from your Employer regarding accruals of Annual Leave and Long Service Leave. If you have, or are about to leave work, then please include information about your expected Termination Payments
- Details of Wills, Powers of Attorney and Enduring Power of Guardianship held
- Any other relevant information.
In our experience it is much better to bring some things along that you aren't sure you need to bring, rather than leave something at home that would have been helpful to have at the meeting.
Please note that all information provided will be treated as Strictly Confidential.
You should also bring your objectives in relation to:
- Income Needs
- Capital Needs
- Cash Reserves
- Capital Preservation
- Other Issues
The Next Step?
If you would like to discuss our services, please call our office for an appointment. Your initial appointment is free of obligation and at no cost to you.
Anti-Money Laundering Notice to Clients
To assist the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires us to obtain, verify and record information that identifies each person who receives certain financial services offered through this firm. We will ask for your name, address, date of birth and other information as may be required by law. We will also ask to see your driver’s licence or other identifying documents and will take a photocopy as required. Poynter Hargraves have initiated the requirement for this ID copy at application stage only; therefore we ask that you please bring your current driver's licence or other identification to any further appointments.